Are you looking for a case study report for B.ed? In this article, we will provide a case study report for B.ed.
Case study report for B.ed
Title of the study: A case study on a shy and introverted student named XYZ
Name of the investigator: ABC
Buy the Softcopy of this Case Study in Docx format which can be edited very easily.
Link – Click Here
A case study is an intensive, holistic description and analysis of a single social unit such as an individual, a group, an institution or a community. It is necessary to perform a case study in order to find out problems existing among the students in an educational institution.
This study refers to a student named XYZ studying in 7th standard in XYZ English School. During my four months internship period of B.Ed 2nd year in ABC English School, I had observed that the boy XYZ of class VII always wants to seat on the back bench.
I did not see him to communicate with other students. I noticed that the boy tends to be slow to warm up in social situation. I also noticed that he is always late in reaching school. He faces difficulties in meeting people, initiating and maintains conversation.
He was unable to give any answer of any question properly. He always tried to stay alone and did not show any interest to make friendship with other students. Even he did not go to participate in any competition or co- curricular activities. Therefore to know the reasons behind his problems, I have taken up this study so that I can help him to deal with his problems and can show better performance in his academic career.
The information contained in the case study report is just for the purpose of fulfilling the condition of XYZ University that is compulsory in our B.Ed course, which has to be submitted to the college authority and not for any personal intension and usages. The information provided in the report is very true and trust worthy. The content of this report must not be disclosed or copied without the investigator consent.
A proper investigation is done before preparing the report. The suggestions and opinions are expressed in this report are only the perception of the investigator and do not necessarily reflect any other person.
During the four months internship period in XYZ English School, I have noticed that a boy named XYZ of class VII always used to seat in the last bench of the classroom and he hardly communicate with teachers and other classmates.
Though he is attentive in the class, he was unable to perform any academic tasks given or the questions asked in the class. Because of this shy nature he always wanted to stay alone. Shyness and introvert both are different psychological traits of human being.
Shyness is a psychological state that causes a person to feel discomfort in social situations and that cause avoidance of social contacts. Introvert is another psychological state that describes a person who tends to turn inward mentally.
The behaviour of the boy in the class made me have an assumption of falling him in the category of shy and introvert. After a few observations I was confident about his nature who is unable to share his problems neither with his classmate nor with his teachers. This is the rationale behind identifying this boy to study up and to help him to deal with his problems has been suffering for so long.
I visited his home and talked with his parents. His parents were very responsive and cooperatively answered my questions.
Physically the boy is fit and healthy, but he has acne problem in his face and other than that he has same common health issues which are natural for human being. Because of acne problem his classmates teases him. This may be a reason due to which he feels shy and lack of confidence to interact with others.
He is not mentally so sound. He is unable to read his text books properly and confidently. He always tends to stay alone and gets mentally disturbed or easily panicked whenever he was asked any questions.
The boy XYZ belongs to a middle class family. His father’s name is XYZ and mother’s name is ABC. He stays with his parents and younger brother. His father is a businessmen and mother is housewife.
His parents are aware about his introvert nature but they are not so much concerned about his problems. They do not facilitate him any exercise or practise because of lack of knowledge about his condition. At his home also he talks very less and always likes to stay alone. So, he has very less interaction with his family members.
XYZ is a student of class VII, XYZ English School. His position in the class is low. His roll number in class is 21. Before getting admission in the school in class VI, he studied in XYZ English Medium School. His previous school authority apprises XYZ’s parents about his less interaction with teachers and other students and about his low performance in class.
Due to this reason his parents withdraw his studentship from that school and admitted him in class VI in XYZ English School. In the class room he wants to stay alone, always sits on the last bench. Even in the leisure time he uses to stay alone and does not share his food with other students.
Sometimes he does not pay attention in the classroom and he is seen to think something else. He hardly participates in extra-curricular activities. Basically, he does not show any interest to participate in any competition like games, quiz, debate, drawing competitions. He feels hesitation to participate in any competition.
Related Case Questions:
As an investigator, I have taken a personal interview of the student. I have asked him some questions related to his problems as –
- What is the age of the student? Answer:- He is 13 years old.
- Where does the student live? Answer:- Ward No. 4, Rangia Town
- Do you have any brother or sister? Answer:- Yes, One brother
- Does he have any class friend in class? Anser:- No
- What does his father do? Answer:- Business
- What does his mother do? Answer:- Housewife
- Does he always come to school? Answer:- Yes
- Does he regularly study at home? Answer:- Yes
- What does he like except study? Answer:- He likes to play mobile/computer games
- What kind of relation exists between him and his parents? Answer:- Good but his interaction with his parents is very low
- Does he have any complaint about his classmates? Answer:- Yes, they are not interested to talk with him and always tease him
- Does he has any complaint about school? Answer:- No
- What is his favourite subject? Answer:- English
- Does he like to talk with other people? Answer:- No, not like that
- Why doesn’t he like to talk with others? Answer:- he doesn’t feel comfortable to talk with others
- How does he spend his vacation time? Answer:- he likes play mobile games
- Do your parents/teachers scold you because of your less conversation? Answer:- Yes, sometimes
FINDINGS AND SUGGESTIONS
From the above discussions, I have found that there are many causes of his shyness and introvert nature which hinder him in the development of his personality –
- Feeling of inferiority complex could lead to shyness and introvert nature.
- Lack of social skills and non-participation makes him inhabited around others and make him shy and introvert.
- Lack of communication and friendly relation with his parents and teachers makes him shy and introvert.
- Lack of awareness and responsibility of his parents towards him make him shy and introvert.
- Less expressiveness makes him shy and introvert.
- Mental weakness may also lead to shyness and introvert nature.
- Parents should motivate him to talk or communicate with others.
- It is the duty of the teachers to make him feel secure during classes and teachers should encourage him to make friendship with other students.
- Parents should be aware of the behaviour of other students of the class towards him. So, they should connect with the school as much as they can.
- Special attention should be given to his mental development by his parents and teachers.
- Parents should take him to the psychiatrist for his low confidence and introvert nature.
Special attention should be given by his parents towards his extra- curricular activities.
- Teachers of the school should give special attention in some context. If he is not co-operating with teachers in class, then they should apply different methods to make him strong.
- Sometimes remedial classes should be taken for him at school by the teachers.
This study is basically about a student of 13 years of age who is studying in class VII of XYZ English School. Through this study, I have tried to find out the problems that the boy is dealing with. During the four months of my internship period, I have come across about his shy and introvert nature.
From his family members I have come to know that the boy is very shy and introvert in nature from his childhood. In this study, I have find out some possible reasons for his shy and introvert nature and also I have given some suggestions and recommendations of his problem through which he can overcome from his problem and can achieve a better future.
Emphasis – Extensive and detailed study or knowledge. Consent – Approval, support.
Assumption – A thing that is accepted as true. Apprise – Inform or notify.
Withdraw – Remove or take away.
Rationale – A set of reasons or a logical basis for a course of action or belief.
Blaike Norman, “Designing social research the logic of anticipation”,
UK, Polity Press, 2000
Saikia Dr Mukl, “Action Research”, Guwahati Chitrachal Printers, 2014
“Case studies in Educational Psychology” – Frank D. Adame
So that sums up the case study report for B.ed. Hope you like it.